we are what we eat.
we are what we read.
Think for a moment.
List all you have read
this past week.
Your list tells about
Your list tells about you.
what we read.
We read to live.
-Lorraine Wilson, Australian Literacy Educator
What I have read (so far) this week:
- The Detroit Free Press newspaper; particularly enjoyed a column by Laura Veron Brown about our lack of criticism for Obama (warning, this may lead to a future blog post for me)
- Email (many), but especially from a friend who’s concerned about her five-month-old daughter’s upcoming heart surgery
- Began novel, A Room With a View by E. M. Forster
- Facebook status updates
- Interesting blog about using technology in the classroom: Online Safety and Responsibility by a 21st Century Literacy Specialist teaching in Thailand
- Screaming for Speed, an article which details the science behind roller coasters
- Started The Blue Parakeet, a book about rethinking how you read the Bible
- Interesting Wall Street Journal article asking College/University Presidents to write their own admissions essay
So, I wonder what my list says about me? What have you read this week? What would your list say about you?