Monday, April 4, 2011

Update: Goals for 2011

I figured we are beginning the second quarter of 2011, so I should check my progress on meeting some professional goals. Even though I’m a very driven person, I don’t normally write down my goals, but I now see why it’s important to do so. Plus, I have all of you to hold me accountable!

1. Get published.

This one is in the works. My colleague and I rewrote our article and submitted it to NCTE’s Language Arts for consideration of inclusion in their July 2012 issue. We are waiting to hear from NCTE.



2. Read more books. (Goal of 50 in 2011)

Right now I have completed nine books. I’m currently reading two. I better step up the pace or I won’t reach my goal of 50 by the end of the year. It breaks down to 4.16 books per month, so I’m already a little behind.  This graphic shows my reading history for the past two years in relation to 2011.



3. Blog more often. (Goal of three times per month)

I’ve been meeting this goal pretty well. January = 3 posts. February = 2 posts. March = 4 posts. That’s an average of three per month! 8-) And this makes my first April post, so I’m on my way for this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment