Monday, January 17, 2011

Goals for 2011

I know, I know, I'm a little late to the game...

1. Get published.
Well, last year I worked on this. I took a professional writing course facilitated by Joan Richardson, editor of Kappan Magazine (formerly Phi Delta Kappan). My dear colleague and I wrote an article and submitted it for publication to Educational Leadership. We were rejected - Ouch! Now we want to rework our piece and submit to another journal.

2. Read more books.
The past two years, I’ve been stuck on 45 books per year. I’d like to move that to 50 books! I constantly have a running list of books to read, so I’m in no shortage for titles from which to choose. However, I find myself frittering away time in other areas…can we say mindless tv and Facebook?!

3. Blog more often.
Well, since my move and acquiring a new job, the blogging during the second half of 2010 was abysmal. I want to do better. I’ll attempt to blog three times per month. I’m trying to find my groove/area of focus as a blogger, so that’s definitely something I want to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment